The Masterclass organised by Chicago’s Italian Chamber of Commerce, in collaboration with Assocamerestero and the Ministry of Economic Development, took place on the 14th of November from 11:00 to 13:00 at the Volare restaurant, where a number of certified Italian delicacies were presented.
More specifically, the following products were introduced: Grana Padano PDO, Piave PDO, Pecorino Toscano PDO, Prosciutto di Parma PDO and Aceto Balsamico di Modena PGI. See below for the detailed programme.
- 11.00 am Registration
- 11.15 Introduction, to the "Extraordinary Italian Taste" project
- 11:30 Introduction to the "Italian geographical productions": the meaning of the certifications PDO and PGI by Francesco Lupo, Consortium Prosciutto di Parma
- 12:00 Presentation about Grana Padano PDO and Piave PDO by Lou di Palo
- 12:30 Presentation about Prosciutto di Parma PDO by Francesco Lupo
- 1:00pm Q/A
- 1:30pm Tasting of Grana Padano PDO, Aceto Balsamico di Modena PGI, Piave PDO, Prosciutto di Parma PDO, Pecorino Toscano PDO by chef Elio Bartolotta (Elio Pizza on Fire)